Maa Vindhyasini Temple
Places Of Religious Importances Near Vindhyavasini Temple
Kali Khoh Temple
Kali Khoh temple is dedicated to Kali Maa and is in the form of a cave. Goddess Kali is believed to be incarnated to kill the demon Raktabeej who had a boon that every droplet of his blood will give birth to another Raktabeej right away.
This temple is dedicated to goddess Saraswati who is mostly associated with literature or Vidya. Ashtabhuja, Lord Krishna’s sister, had been running from Kansa’s trap who tried to kill her and finally found a shelter here.
1. Maa Vindhyavasini Devi Temple, dedicated to Goddess Durga.
2. Kali khoh temple, in form of an ancient cave dedicated to Goddess Maha Kali (6 km from Vindhyavasini temple) Here, the deity represents to an incarnation of Hindu Goddess Durga, for killing demon Raktabeeja.
3. Ashtabhuja temple, dedicated to Goddess Maha Saraswati (on a hillock, 8 km from Vindhyavasini temple).
Interesting Facts about Vindhyachal Mandir
• Current Indian Standard Time Line, which decides time zone of whole India, passes through idol of Goddess ‘Vindhyavasini’.
• In the middle ages, notorious and murderous Pindari thugs, Hindus as well as Muslims, used to worship Goddess ‘Vindhyavasini’ of Vindhyachal.
• The very famous war between Goddess Durga and Demon King Mahishasur, took place at Vindhyachal.
HOW TO REACH
The distance between Varanasi and Ma Vindhyavasini Temple, Vindhyachal is approx. 63 Kilometres
DO’S & DON’TS
- Take care of your belongings.
Book Now Pay Later
Contact With Confidence
Get Big Deals & Discounts
Whatsapp Now +919839983021